Wednesday 27 July 2011

Vegan delights

On Sunday Richard cooks a special 4 course set menu especially for our local customers so they can come week after week and have something new and different every time. This week we had some vegan guests....

Now if you were to tell me I had to cook 4 vegan courses I'd be running for the vegan cookbook that I own somewhere in an unpacked box. But not Richard he whipped up some tasty treats for these lucky guests.

An amuse bouche of braised fennel with salsa verde and a red pepper salad. I thought I caught him grating parmesan on top but no it was grated hazelnut.

The entree was a gorgeous cous cous & tomato salad, the main a chickpea Ragout with baby veg.

But dessert really topped it off. Delicate mandarin segments, passion fruit pulp, green apple sorbet and mango puree.

All of this accompanied by wines which were probably made using animal products....Odd that, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment